Tuesday, November 22, 2005

"Better Off Dead"

When I was little, I didn't know punk music.
Just like I didn't know what people eat for dinner in the Himalayas.
But eventually, it all filtered in through the airwaves, mostly through WZBC in Boston.
Their Top 90.3 Songs of All Time is arguably a list of the Top 93 Songs of All Time - punk or otherwise - as of 1998. (year-by-year lists available for '98, '99, 2000, '02, '03)
These lists were my guidebook, like finding a treasure map in the sand and being consumed by a desire for a shovel.

#20 on the list: "Better Off Dead" by La Peste

Stereogum has an mp3 of the DEATH FROM ABOVE 1979 cover, off their new record. I've been rocking it CONSTANTLY... so good it nearly equals the original.

He's also got the La Peste original, so get it if you don't know what you're missing. Essential.
Enjoy.

No comments: