Tuesday, August 02, 2005

keeping up



first, updates from the 'you've already read it but I'm telling you anyway' department:

The Rapture Say Next Record Is More Melodic, 'Soulful'

Delia Gonzalez & Gavin Russom Prepare Full-Length LP

Fire Engines Compilation in the Works

Fiery Furnaces New Albums & Tour Details

Black Dice Prepare New Album and Tour

Sleater Kinney to play this year's New Yorker Festival on September 24.

Sufjan Stevens Adds 5th NYC Night

Belle & Sebastian to play Keyspan Park, 10.02.05

Lightning Bolt Prepare New Album


here's what else is up:
in addition to the Summerstage M.I.A. gig, my boy Wes Gully is playing NYC with the new(?) face of grime. That's right, Diplo and Kano (plus opener DJs Catchdubs and Cameo). Knitting Factory, August 13. Tix/info here. I made plans to be out of town but there may be time to cancel...

Fri Aug 5
Pure Fire @ Rocky's
grime, crunk, jungle. dancehall, etc
with DJs Criterion (Broklyn Beats), Papa Wheelie, Peter Gunn, Reganomics, Catchdubs [+ more]
Rocky's = 351 Kent @ South 5th, Williamsburg BKNY
9PM - $4

Don't forget to go see M.I.A. this weekend. I have to work. I've never wanted to quit so much in my life.


further details forthcoming on the Monday night scene to destroy your Tuesday morning at work...

No comments: