Sunday, January 29, 2006

My incredible streak of luck

...begins with winning a contest from Brooklyn Vegan where I won a copy of the Indian film The Journey on DVD. then, a day or so later, I was notified that I had won a contest from burmakitty and I selected which Mission of Burma 7" I wanted (I chose the Roger Miller / Clint Conley collab The Wrong Pipe, which is as far as I know only available on 7").

then, on Friday night, after a spectacular few hours at K+1 and Ultragrrrl's Stolen Transmission, I found a copy of the We Are Scientists CD sitting on the sidewalk, propped up against a streetlight. Opened but near-mint, and since I hadn't gotten around to buying it yet, that was a clutch pickup. This after hearing Ultra or Karen put on the song I forgot existed that is now my jam: "Plowed" by Sponge. Girls, one of you is a fucking genius.


ALSO:
Art Brut - acoustic - mp3s from Planet Claire via rbally


Forget that Artic Monkeys news, it's only a secret presale for UK tourdates. UK readers just email me and I'll pass info along.

No comments: