Sunday, March 19, 2006

Basketball Upset Shocker!

Today I cut a basketball highlight of Wichita State vs. Tennessee.

Wichita State won the game in a big upset, but this is not important.
What is important - the Wichita State nickname is the 'Shockers'. Yes, their official nickname.
So I made sure to start off the highlight the only way I know how:
With a group of WSU cheerleaders DOING THE SHOCKER.

I wish I had a screen capture to show you. It was priceless.

I imagine you know what I mean, but just in case:


If you don't know what that's all about, then I can't help you.


Also, the headline on GoShockers.com right now is: "Shockers are Sweet".
Oh those crazy college kids.


A special note to any of my bosses that may be reading this: Since most of America does not know anything about this, 'the Shocker' is not obscene. Shots of Shocker fans giving the Shocker have been all over ESPN, CBS, and any network running Wichita State highlights all season long (and probably for the last 5 years at least). Also, I challenge you to find a shot of cheerleaders or fans where they're NOT doing that gesture... good luck.

No comments: