Friday, September 09, 2005

Win Butler is My Hero

I only knew him a little bit, and we haven't had a conversation since high school, but he's now officially the most successful/amazing person I will ever know.
fashionrocks2
I just finished watching The Arcade Fire's performance on Fashion Rocks, with David Bowie playing with the band. Win and David split the vocals on "Wake Up". Most of the crowd didn't seem to care at first (except for Heather Graham, who seemed into it), but by the end everyone in the building was standing and clapping along to the beat of the song. I've missed all of my chances to see the Arcade Fire live, but they were spectacular, and I will not do so again.

I wasn't blogging in the era when their album Funeral took over my life. I can't think of praise high enough for it that doesn't sound melodramatic. So, please take me at face value when I say that it might be the best album of the last 5 years.

No comments: